Saturday, February 21, 2009

Shot! (special):: Then, They Went Far


The cool breeze of air swept past my cheek, sending shivers down my body. The clouds showed signs that it was about to rain, yet I still remained where I was. Trying to keep warm, I shoved both of my hands into my pockets. I glanced around at my surrounding. One hour had passed since I stood there.

From a distance, I could hear the growls of thunders. From afar, I could catch a few glimpse of flashing lightning. As I continued standing there, drizzles of light rain had fallen on my body. It was chilly. I wanted to find shelter, but my body won’t respond as if time had stopped. Did time really stop? No. Five minutes had passed.

Help, I have probably gone insane! But was there still anyone there among the rain, which could hear my voice? Was there still anyone there, who could pull me back to where I am supposed to be? The rain grew heavier, like piercing ice. Yet despite the pain, despite the agony; nothing changed. I continued to remain there. Seconds passed by.

Deep within my thoughts, I knew. Time really flew by quickly, and it shall never turn back. It was then I realised, they went far away from my grasp. They shall never see me cry as I stood there under the pouring rain. Time goes on.
AUTHOR'S NOTE: People continue to meet with the risk of being apart. Time shall tell when I will meet them again face to face. Perhaps at that moment; we’ve reached the peak. Goodbye Anisah. Goodbye Hajar. Goodbye Hana. Goodbye Odi. Goodbye Amirah. Goodbye Dzaf. Goodbye Zatil. Goodbye Bee. Goodbye Lala. Goodbye Fafa. Goodbye Hani. Goodbye Tasha. Goodbye Sya. Goodbye Dayah. Goodbye Moon. Goodbye Farah.

6 comments:

Kikuri-hime said...

Great work. Short but the description is so vivid.This is exactly how I always teach my students to write!

DANS said...

Huhu..juz expressing my vivid feeling of missing my frens! Thanx..^^

Anonymous said...

we miss you sooo much
*tears*

DANS said...

misss you guys toooooo....
*sob*

Kikuri-hime said...

Is it possible for u to write something for me? I'll give you a title...

I wanna show it to my students and show the what good writing is...

DANS said...

Sure, no problem Kikuri...I'm glad to help. Hit me with the title! :D