Sunday, August 31, 2008

Shot! :: My Cup of Tea




What do you like in life? There are the winding roads of adventure; and an equal amount of safe, straight paths. Some liked to mix and match, while others loved it to be the same all the way. But I know, not all that we prefer are presented to us the way we want it. Life, is not just made up by the way we our own selves choose but it is also created by what others think too.


The way I imagined my road, is a simple walkway with rows of flowers and unknown boxes. Sure I want a peaceful happy life ahead, but my idea of fun is to be curious along the way. Who knows what will pop up next? Maybe drops of rain to feed the flowers, or a strong sun sucking everything out of it. I tried to be prepared for every possibilities; but hey, I'm human too. Like I said, there is not all that we can choose.


Where
shall I go then, if my road of choice has been reconstructed? I like it like that, so why can't I just go on? Such a selfish nature of the human beings! Always thinking of one's ownself, not realising how others are building their preferable roads too. People meet, and people part. When roads cross each other, I don't mind having rows of other things besides flowers. I personally like certain things, but that doesn't mean I hate everything else. How I liked curiousity, remember? Even if things go wrong, I can still alter it so that it's good for everyone.


To put it simple, I like it sweet and strong. Perhaps with a beautiful colour, and a dash of herbal scent. Don't need to know the brand just to add excitement. Ah, that seemed to be the perfect one. I took a sip. My, my...it was too tasteless. I put it back, and added in my own portion of sugar.


AUTHOR'S NOTE: It's been 6 whole days since a "Shot!" entry, that's because I still don't really have any real structure in these stories! I'll be more careful not to sound too poetic, so that it would be 'preferable' to everybody. But I won't promise anything, I just write with the flow of emotions. Hope you enjoyed it this time. The moral of this piece is, it's not always laid out the way you want it to be. But you can always modify so things would go right! What's your cup of tea then? ;)

7 comments:

damha said...

wahwah..when i browse back through ur writing, it feels like u've upgraded from the old daniel..ur writing is now different..u know that?..haha

Kikuri-hime said...

Thanx for this beautiful entry. I simply love it... but, imho, i think u should manipulate more on the 'cuppa tea' imagery. Like in paragraph 4.

'To put it simple, I like it sweet and strong. Perhaps with a beautiful colour, and a dash of herbal scent. Don't need to know the brand just to add excitement. Ah, that seemed to be the perfect one. I took a sip. My, my...it was too tasteless. I put it back, and added in my own portion of sugar.'

Now, that is brilliant!

DANS said...

To Dwane...
Haha, upgaraded eh? Thanx..practice really paid off. I left it during form 5, just beginning to climb the steps again! Thanks again dude for the pic!

To hime...
Yeah, I realised something was missing while writing this. The piece was re-written twice! Huhu...but I still didn't manage to link with 'tea' that much.

Anonymous said...

u have the hand n mind of a writer,
just cntinue what u're really interested to...never give up n the day will shine brightly the way u want it 2 be...
i'll always be wherever u want me to be...i'll always be behind ur back...giving all the cheers u want n need...i'll wait till the moment i can say, "what a great book ben!"

p/s:aku xbace pon karya ko sbb aku pening tgk bnyk2 perkataan..tapi aku ade sikit2 n i know u can do it..hehe

Anonymous said...

u have the hand n mind of a writer,
just cntinue what u're really interested to...never give up n the day will shine brightly the way u want it 2 be...
i'll always be wherever u want me to be...i'll always be behind ur back...giving all the cheers u want n need...i'll wait till the moment i can say, "what a great book ben!"

p/s:aku xbace pon karya ko sbb aku pening tgk bnyk2 perkataan..tapi aku ade bace sikit2 n i know u can do it..hehe

Kikuri-hime said...

well... anyway it's still a brilliant piece. Ganbatte, kudasai!

Errr... have u watched deathnote?

DANS said...

To Rafi...
Haha, dun worry. I know not everyone likes to read, but thank u for supporting me though!

To hime...
'Death Note'? You mean the anime? I've watched it but not all of the series. I guess it's less heavier than reading the manga (coz it tends to get confusing with so many words in a page)...it's quite average, but worth the watch!